Hello, I have a new blog!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.thehollywoodsew.com

tabs

 photo home-rec_zpsd28e3fb5.png     photo about-rec_zpsfb3dcef4.png     photo maternity-rec_zps5b4884ae.png     photo baby-rec_zps951ce2ef.png

Thursday, March 21, 2013

BURDASTYLE COMPETITION WIN!!!!


 In exciting news I won The Jackie Dress: Style It Your Way! competition at Burdastyle with my comment in answer to the question:

"How would you style the 1960s Jackie Dress? Tell us why you like this pattern, what fabric you’d make it in, and where you’d wear it to."
I would style this dress in a bright jewel solid, maybe blue or purple, with a black leather bow. To be worn with polka dot black sheer stockings and black patent chunky heels. I like the pattern because it is classical and elegant, plus it seems like it would be very flattering. I would probably like it best in a structured wool (does that exist?! would also be a fun challenge as I haven’t sewn with wool before) and would wear it on my next flight to look super glamourous!

They are sending me a copy of Sewing Vintage Modern! I have wanted it for a while now so I'm really pleased I won one. I think the shift dress will be my first project as I just ordered some lace which needs a simple pattern. Thanks Burdastyle!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Love the styling idea, especially the polka dot stockings. I swear, if it isn't a solid black, I don't think of it. Can't wait to see what you make with the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love my polka dot tights too. I can't do patterns, and even though I like fishnets, it EASILY verges on "lady of the night" territory.

    What a totally great win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Well done. I love the little details of the polka dot tights and bow belt. Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete